Dash Black Pepper
1 tsp. Italian herbs
2 Tbsp. Butter or margarine
1 Clove garlic minced or pressed
1 – 20 oz. can of stewed tomatoes (preferably Italian stewed)
1 Tbsp. Lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
Grated lemon peel for garnish (also pretty with julienne carrots!)
· Brown chops in butter on both sides for 5 minutes;
· Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper;
· Add garlic, tomatoes (with liquid) lemon juice and peel
· Cover and simmer gently 30 – 40 minutes or until no longer pink;
· Garnish with lemon peel, parsley and carrots.
TL’S NOTES: I add much more garlic, tomatoes and Italian herbs – the flavor is wonderful! In fact, I don’t measure the garlic, herbs or lemon juice!
Great served with rice (white or brown) and green salad.